Ever been in school and thought about dropping out? Or knew someone that was forced to drop out for some reason or another?
I've already witnessed more than one and I'm only a first year in college. My mom, my first and second roommate all dropped out of school for one reason or another. Whether it was financial confusion, marriage, or homesickness they all made the decision to stop education for a period of time.
Personally I'm trying to reflect on this to figure some things out, I suppose that because I am not in their situations I don't quite understand why they chose that path when they could have stuck it out for the rest of the semester and then transferred. Does anyone know why? Does anyone realize how much this affects everything, or their surroundings??
If interested more information on the dropout rate can be found here:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/10/18/AR2006101801790.html
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment