Reflection #7 - is it possible to have a singular model for leadership in a culturally pluralistic environment?
The answer to this is difficult; I feel that it can be both a yes and a no. I say it is tough because part of me wants to completely deny that it is possible and the other part of me looks at the world today.
For example: United States, one leader, his style of leadership, commanding one nation filled with different races, different opinions, different cultures, different dreams and aspirations. While not everyone is happy, the truth still remains that there is one leader commanding an extremely diverse population. So isn't that an example, and I would like to think it's been rather successful for the last oh... 200 years or so? Don't get me wrong, I do feel that it is extremely difficult for this phenomenon to occur otherwise nations wouldn't be facing the discord they are facing now, but I feel that through imagination, open listening, communication, and compromise that all parties can come to an agreement in some way or another and get something accomplished.
So while it is not impossible, it's not probable either. Then again, nothing is impossible right?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment