Tuesday, March 18, 2008

RA 6

Reflection #6 - If you re-took the SLPI today, would anything have changed? What have you done to work on your leadership style? What are your plans and goals going forward?


If I were to retake the SLPI today, I think that any change that would occur would be a minor one. The minor change I believe would take place in the fields of inspiring others. I had already received the highest marks in enabling others to act, and I think that I have improved in the field of inspiring others to act simply because I have changed the way I look at a lot of different situations that would involve leadership responsibilities. Some of these situations include group projects that may seem extermely difficult, or tedious activities that once seemed too boring to complete.
Working on my leadership style has just been going through day to day activities and looking for ways to lead others, whether it's through examples, or just small ways that show who I am. I also look for opportunities to inspire others to do things that can make a difference in the lives of others.
My plans and goals include being able to put myself outside of my comfort zone more often than I do now, and by doing so help others with their problems while at the same time making it easier for me to communicate with others. I would also like to improve my organization skills, and my level of motivation. I feel that by doing this, I can truly become an overall well rounded person.

3 comments:

Jenn said...

I agree - I think the only changes we would see in the SLPI results are minor. When you say that you need to step outside of your comfort zone more, is this in relation to being able to inspire others? Even if that's not the point, I think it makes sense: sometimes, folks need inspiration from left field - group members can get really tired of going through the same motions, so if you step out of your comfort zone, they may increase their performance...

Anonymous said...

i think im in love wit this paragraph:
"Working on my leadership style has just been going through day to day activities and looking for ways to lead others, whether it's through examples, or just small ways that show who I am. I also look for opportunities to inspire others to do things that can make a difference in the lives of others."
i think that having that in mind as a plan is great and i think that it will be kinda easy to accomplish because is a day to day plan.... I love the idea!

Myster said...

the part of your blog i want to comment on most is about a small change in your results. I think that is an amazing way to put it, because even if you are putting things into a different context, scores dont change that quickly. It takes time to move into a new way of doing things they don't just happen at the snap of your fingers. People don't wake up the next day with a new outlook on life. I think it's good that you mentioned this at the beginning of your entry, because a lot of people fail to notice that change takes time no matter how much change is going to occur.