Reflection #4 - If you were voting in the 08 presidential election based solely on higher education policy, who would you vote for and why?
At the risk of sounding ignorant, I would have to say that I would not vote for any of the presidential candidates. I don't agree with any of their policies, or lack of policies. Also, I feel that there are more important issues to look at than higher education, yes it affects my family and me directly, and many others, but that doesn't change the fact that there are more pressing issues facing our nation and the people of. I would choose to look at those policies and decide on issues of the economy and war, before picking a policy on higher education. So if it came down to voting simply for their higher education policies, I would choose to abstain, unfortunately.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Unfortunately, I feel like you are not unique among college students. We feel ignored and, thus, apathetic. But we need to change this. I believe this is changing. If we want to hear more about what candidates can do for us - if we want to hear about issues that impact us - what do you think we need to do, as students, to make this happen? If we began showing up at the polls, do you think we would be heard? I mean, years ago racial "minorities" and womyn were not allowed to vote, and issues affecting them are at the top of the Issue columns for candidates.
I can understand why you feel this way. I think eventhough this idea of higher education effects us...the candidates aren't really giving us much to work with.
What would you say about higher education if you were a candidate for the presidency?
I understand your disinterest in this one aspect of the candidates' political campaign. Some people are very idealistic and others are very vague. It is very difficult to pick out what their actual views are sometimes.
I can see where your stance is on the higher education. But i would like to ask if it would affect you or you family if the FASFA was taken away? This affects a lot of people in many different ways.I think that as college students we can make a difference not only in the aspects dealing with higher education, but with other political aspects also.
I have to agree with what Jennis saying. Yes, there are things about each candidate that we don't like but, without voting how will we change anything. By not voting, we are leaving this major decision up to random people we don't know. I personally feel strongly about voting and about reading in-depth about each candidate and what they stand for. You maybe want to try doing some research before opting out.
Post a Comment